24th Meeting of the Greater Mekong Subregion Subregional Transport Forum
The Ministry of Transport (MOT) of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) jointly organized the 24th Meeting of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Subregional Transport Forum (STF-24) virtually held on 21 January 2021. The theme of STF-24 was “Forging Greater Transport Connectivity Toward the Visions of GMS 2030”.
This year’s STF-24 was held to
- Review the status and update the pipeline of GMS transport sector projects in the GMS Regional Investment Framework (RIF) 2022;
- Brief the STF on the key thrusts and principles in the draft GMS Economic Cooperation Program Strategic Framework 2030 (GMS-2030) and the GMS COVID–19 Response and Recovery Plan 2021–2023 (GMS COVID-19 Plan) that have a bearing on the transport sector;
- Review the progress of the Cross Border Transport Facilitation Agreement (CBTA) “Early Harvest” implementation and updates on possible future efforts in transport and trade facilitation;
- Update the STF on the work and plans for the Greater Mekong Railway Association (GMRA);
- Discuss recent initiatives to improve road safety regimes in GMS countries and railway planning and financing;
- Update the STF on the activities of development partners in the GMS transport sector; and
- Discuss other matters.
The forum was chaired by Mr. Le Tuan Anh, Director General of the International Cooperation Department, MOT, Viet Nam, and co-chaired by Mr. Hiroaki Yamaguchi, Director, Southeast Asia Department Transport and Communications Division, ADB.
Read the post-event
Last Updated: Thursday, 25 February 2021