Progress Report: GMS Cross-Border E-Commerce Cooperation Platform
At the 5th Greater Mekong SubregionSummit in December 2014, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang proposed establishing cross-border e-commerce cooperation in the Greater Mekong Subregion.
In June 2015, the 7th Economic Corridors Forum endorsed the Framework on GMS Cross-Border E-Commerce Cooperation Platform. The cooperation platform is expected to help expand markets, increase trade, and enhance economic resilience against external risks.
This report discusses the progress made in the following key areas of cooperation:
- Enhance cohesion and cooperation of e-commerce enterprises.
- Promote facilitation for cross-border e-commerce.
- Encourage investment in cross-border e-commerce infrastructure.
- Improve support services for e-commerce.
- Conduct capacity buuilding on e-commerce.
It also presents major outcomes and future directions of the initiative.
Last Updated: 31 March 2018